A toll-free 811 well being recommendation line is now obtainable in all NWT communities, 24 hours a day, every single day of the 12 months, Well being and Social Companies Minister Julie Inexperienced introduced as we speak.
By dialing 811, you’ll be related to a registered nurse who can assess your scenario and supply recommendation on non-emergency well being points. Anybody residing within the Northwest Territories can name 811 by way of landline or cellular phone; or in case you are arduous of listening to, Canadian Video Relay Service (VRS). This confidential and quick-access service can be obtainable in all of the official languages of the territory.
811 has confirmed to be an efficient approach to carry peace of thoughts to residents, particularly in distant areas, after they want fast solutions and readability on common well being points. Callers can even ask about communicable illnesses together with influenza, COVID, respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) and sexually transmitted infections akin to syphilis and the way and when to get examined. Residents with pressing medical points ought to proceed to make use of the 911 emergency response line.
Callers can request to stay nameless whereas getting access to well being info. Along with GNWT privateness oversight, 811 service suppliers have adopted trade finest practices for dealing with confidential and delicate well being info to make sure the security and safety of resident info.
All 811 nursing service suppliers are licensed to work within the NWT and have accomplished cultural security coaching as a part of the GNWT’s dedication to offering prime quality, non-discriminatory medical recommendation. 811 nurses can even have the ability to direct calls to different household well being and assist sources, such because the poison management line, psychological well being companies, abandonment line and residential faculty decision.
Any issues, questions or feedback concerning the Northwest Territories 811 Well being Recommendation Line may be emailed to: [email protected]
If residents encounter an issue when making an attempt to dial 811 immediately, they will contact their phone service supplier to request an answer. Anybody who can’t join on to 811 can entry the service by dialing the toll-free quantity at 1-844-259-1793.
“The Northwest Territories 811 Medical Helpline is a fast approach to get non-emergency medical recommendation on common well being points. It’s not meant to switch a go to to a nurse or physician, however it will possibly assist you understand when you’ll be able to handle your signs at residence and if you want extra medical assist. With this new initiative, the GNWT joins all different provinces and territories in Canada to supply residents with a trusted supply of medical info accessible any time of the day or evening from a location that’s handy for them. 911 service will proceed to be the primary selection for emergency points.
– Julie Inexperienced, Minister of Well being and Social Companies
- 811 usually avoids going to a medical clinic or emergency room, which might help cut back the unfold of communicable illnesses akin to COVID-19.
- 811 registered nurses acquired specialised coaching in phone counseling utilizing scientific algorithms like Schmitt-Thompson, that are utilized in 95% of medical phone counseling facilities worldwide.
- An 811 name takes a median of 12 to 16 minutes and all info is saved electronically in a safe surroundings accessible solely to registered nurses.
- The Northwest Territories 811 Medical Helpline will also be reached toll-free by dialing: 1 (844) 259-1793 in case you are utilizing SRV Canada for the deaf, arduous of listening to or speech impaired; or if Voice Over Web Protocol (VoIP) customers want to use the service.
- The service is offered in all official languages of the NWT.
- Residents will be unable to connect with 811 if they’ve Wi-Fi calling enabled of their gadget settings.
- Companies which have a PBX (Non-public Department Trade) phone system might want to program the system to permit exterior calls to 811.
For media inquiries, please contact:
Jeremy Gibson Chook
Ministry of Well being and Social Companies
Authorities of the Northwest Territories
(867) 767-9052 ext. 49034
#Northwest #Territories #well being #recommendation #line #residents